THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza Recipe
It’s so simple it’s stupid. Stupid good! This broccoli and cheddar pizza recipe stays simple but it takes us to taste town. Not only does this pizza check all the boxes for a vegetarian, but it also checks all the flavor boxes too. The Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza could be better than the original, it even comes with a built-in delivery system.
This crowd pleaser doesn’t need to get all dressed up to have a good time, and neither will you, just grab a slice of this and call it a night because this will beat any lineup that your about to get into. So get into a comfy pair of anything without a belt and get ready to enjoy a classic with this home run.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Broccoli | Cheddar Cheese Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 head Broccoli steamed
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce instructions below
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- MAKE CHEESE SAUCE: Melt butter in a pot on medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 30 seconds. Add milk and whisk well. Add cheddar cheese, mix. Add salt and pepper, mix. Reduce heat to low when it starts to boil. Cook until cheese reaches desired consistency, whisking often.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Chop broccoli, then steam for 3 minutes.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Add cheese sauce, mozzarella and broccoli, then pat down toppings. Drizzle a little more cheese sauce on top of the broccoli.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…its a mystery pizza, find out what the heck it is Thursdays!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |