It’s so simple it’s stupid. Stupid good! This broccoli and cheddar pizza recipe stays simple but it takes us to taste town. Not only does this pizza check all the boxes for a vegetarian, but it also checks all the flavor boxes too. The broccoli and cheddar pizza could even be better than the original, it comes with a built-in delivery system.
This crowd pleaser doesn’t need to get all dressed up to have a good time. And neither do you, just grab a slice of this and call it a night because this will beat any lineup that you’re about to get into. So get into a comfy pair of anything without a belt and get ready to enjoy a classic with this home run.
Broccoli | Cheddar Cheese Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese
Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from all-natural sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 head Broccoli steamed
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce instructions below
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- MAKE CHEESE SAUCE: Melt butter in a pot on medium heat. Add flour and whisk constantly for 30 seconds. Add milk and whisk well. Add cheddar cheese, mix. Add salt and pepper, mix. Reduce heat to low when it starts to boil. Cook until cheese reaches desired consistency, whisking often.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Chop broccoli, then steam for 3 minutes.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add cheese sauce, mozzarella and broccoli, then pat down toppings. Drizzle a little more cheese sauce on top of the broccoli.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 881mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 822IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #34
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK