We have taken the classic Buffalo chicken pizza to a new level, by adding all the right things to a plate of buffalo wings, minus those pesky bones. What Buffalo chicken pizza would be complete with not only one dipping sauce, but two! We decided to use ranch dressing as the base and we threw some blue cheese on it. Now this may have gone to far for some but that’s OK, we like to go the extra mile.
Not only does this Buffalo chicken pizza have ranch and blue cheese, but we thought we would need to add a little bit more to really make it official. Normally you would get carrot sticks or celery with your Buffalo wings but we went rogue, we went pepperoncini’s! The clear winner and decided champ for this bad mamma jamma. Who doesn’t like some extra kick on their pizza! So kick some butt and grab a slice of this Buffalo chicken pub style special.
Buffalo Chicken | Pepperoncini | Blue Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Ranch
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Buffalo chicken instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- ¾ cup Ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup Blue cheese
- ¼ cup Pepperoncini sliced
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 Chicken thighs boneless
- ½ cup Hot sauce
- ¼ cup Butter melted
- ½ tsp Garlic salt
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- In a large bowl add hot sauce, melted butter and garlic salt, mix buffalo sauce.
- Oil and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Bake @ 420 degrees F° for 8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink inside. Remove from oven, and let chicken rest 5 minutes. Chop chicken and toss in the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Crumble blue cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add Sauce, then cheese, then remaining toppings (removing Buffalo chicken from bowl with slotted spoon). Pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5+ minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”