The thing that makes this butter chicken pizza recipe so special, well it’s not just one thing. There is some magic happening here with the comforting butter chicken sauce, thick pan-seared and oven-roasted slices of chicken coated in more sauce. And you can’t forget the layers of red pepper and onions for some crunch and freshness, but those are oven-roasted too, ’cause why not.
I’ve had a lot of butter chicken pizzas but this recipe is by far the boldest one yet. Most of the time you will find tiny cubes of “I think it’s chicken”, but not here! Not at Weird Wild Pizza! Here we deliver giant pieces of delicious chicken you will never forget.
Butter Chicken | Red Pepper | Red Onion | Butter Chicken Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese
Butter Chicken Pizza
Weird Pizza made with Wild Dough!
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Butter Chicken instructions below
- 1 cup Red Peppers sliced
- ½ cup Red Onions sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 cups Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
TOPPINGS (30 min)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Heat oven-safe frying pan to medium-high and add oil. Add chicken to pan and brown, flip and brown other side. Add butter chicken sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add oven-safe frying pan to preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, sauce will have slightly thickened. Remove chicken and let cool, then chop. Remove 1 cup of sauce and set aside.
PIZZA (8-10 min)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #13
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK