It’s difficult to fit anymore cheese than this on to one pizza. Trust me, we tried. But this 8 cheese pesto pizza recipe will have all the cheese that you will need. Mozzarella, cheddar, havarti, monterey jack, smoked gruyere, parmigiano-reggiano, edam and gouda, that just about covers it. But let’s not dismiss the depths of flavors added by the garlic and basil surging from the pesto.
You get all the classic pizza shop grease with this bad boy. We don’t need all our pizza to be capital G greasy, but sometimes you just gotta go for it. Comin’ at ya’ with 8 layers of cheesy flavor and the power of the pesto sauce, which does a great job of tying it all together. Grab a slice, grab 2 napkins, and get goin’ on this cheesy challenge.
Mozzarella | Cheddar | Havarti | Monterey Jack | Smoked Gruyere | Parmigiano-Reggiano | Edam | Gouda | Pesto
8 Cheese Pesto Pizza
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ½ cup Mozzarella
- ½ cup Cheddar
- ½ cup Havarti
- ½ cup Monterey Jack
- ½ cup Smoked Gruyere
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ cup Edam
- ½ cup Gouda
- ¼ cup Pesto
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate cheese, removing any cheese peels, wax or hard rinds.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, then cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us at Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #29
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”