This chicken and waffle pizza starts with a sweet heat butter sauce, made with maple syrup, honey, butter and hot sauce. But that’s not all, it’s layered with fried chicken, bacon and little cubes of waffles. A chicken and waffle pizza may be weird, but it gives you the feeling of sitting at a diner eating chicken and waffles done the right way.
Sweet heat butter sauce that brings you warmth and satisfies that sweet tooth, but don’t forget the savory fried chicken and bacon, and last but not least the fluffy waffle joins in on all the fun. Buttermilk waffles are a great addition to any breakfast, but make sure not to over cook these ones. Cook the waffles on med-low in the waffle maker because they still need to cook on the pizza. Order up!
FRIED CHICKEN | BUTTERMILK WAFFLES | BACON | SWEET HEAT BUTTER SAUCE
CHICKEN AND WAFFLE PIZZA
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups BUTTERMILK WAFFLES ingredients below
- 2 cups FRIED CHICKEN ingredients below
- 1 cup BACON
- 2 cups MOZZARELLA CHEESE grated
- 1 cup FLOUR
- 2 tbsp SUGAR
- 1 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1 tsp SALT
- 2 EGGS
- 1 cup BUTTERMILK
- 1 cup SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 3 tbsp BUTTER melted
- 4 pieces BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS
- 2 cups BUTTERMILK
- 2 cups FLOUR for dredging
- 1 tsp PAPRIKA
- 1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- 1 tsp ONION POWDER
- 1 tsp SALT
- 1/2 tsp THYME
- 1/2 tsp CAYENNE
- 1/2 tsp PEPPER
- 1/4 cup MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 cup HONEY
- 2 tbsp BUTTER melted
- 1 tbsp HOT SAUCE
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon on a large baking pan, single file.
- Bake bacon for 15 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and drain bacon on paper towel, once cooled, chop bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl add buttermilk, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, thyme, cayenne, pepper, mix well, then add chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on medium heat.
- Dredge chicken in flour and fry 6-8 minutes each side, or until done.
- Remove chicken and drain on paper towel, once cooled chop chicken.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and mix well. Add sourdough starter, eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and mix well.
- Preheat waffle maker, when ready, add batter. When waffle is finished cooking, remove, once cooled, chop.
SWEET HEAT BUTTER SAUCE
- In a mixing bowl add melted butter, maple syrup, honey, and hot sauce, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 1 minute . Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Add sauce, cheese, chicken, bacon and waffles. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 500 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #5
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”