WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Chicken Cacciatore Pizza Recipe
Winner winner Chicken Cacciatore pizza dinner! If you like chicken pasta and you like tasty pizza then you guessed it, you gonna like this bad mamma jamma. This Chicken Cacciatore pizza recipe seals the deal with those beautiful morsels of fried chicken bathing in a wonderful cacciatore sauce.
Green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and herbs meld in the magical sauce, with a splash of wine and some chicken broth reinforcement. And to cut the super savory dish we add just a little bit of fresh parsley to the finished pie. This pizza is for winners.
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Chicken Cacciatore | Cacciatore Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese | Parsley
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Chicken Cacciatore Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Chicken Cacciatore instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cacciatore sauce instructions below*
- ¼ cup Parsley
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 8 Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (28oz)
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat oil in frying pan to medium. When oil is hot add chicken and fry 5 minutes each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken.
- Add chopped veggies to frying pan, cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, cook 2 minutes. Add wine, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and herbs. Bring to a simmer, and reduce sauce slightly.
- Add chicken to pan, turning to coat both sides with sauce. Cook for 15 minutes, until sauce is reduced and chicken is fully cooked (165°F).
- Turn off heat and remove chicken, set aside to cool, then chop and reserve 2 cups. Remove 1 cup of Cacciatore sauce form frying pan. Chop parsley and set a side.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, then chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with parsley. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |