Winner winner chicken cacciatore pizza dinner! If you like chicken pasta and you like tasty pizza then you guessed it, you gonna like this bad mamma jamma. This chicken cacciatore pizza recipe seals the deal with those beautiful morsels of fried chicken bathing in a wonderful cacciatore sauce.
Green and red peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic and herbs meld in the magical sauce, with a splash of wine and some chicken broth reinforcement. And to cut the super savory dish we add just a little bit of fresh parsley to the finished pie. This pizza is for winners.
Chicken Cacciatore | Cacciatore Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese | Parsley
Chicken Cacciatore Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Chicken Cacciatore instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cacciatore sauce instructions below*
- ¼ cup Parsley
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 8 Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (28oz)
- ½ cup White wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat oil in frying pan to medium. When oil is hot add chicken and fry 5 minutes each side, until golden brown. Remove chicken.
- Add chopped veggies to frying pan, cook 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper, cook 2 minutes. Add wine, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and herbs. Bring to a simmer, and reduce sauce slightly.
- Add chicken to pan, turning to coat both sides with sauce. Cook for 15 minutes, until sauce is reduced and chicken is fully cooked (165°F).
- Turn off heat and remove chicken, set aside to cool, then chop and reserve 2 cups. Remove 1 cup of Cacciatore sauce form frying pan. Chop parsley and set a side.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, then chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with parsley. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
MYSTERY PIZZA #64
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”