Holy heck, this chicken carbonara pizza is rockin’ but there’s more. And I think you already know… it’s loaded with bacon. Pancetta may be a more common option for a Carbonara but bacon is the star tonight. Bacon. Tied together with that classic carbonara sauce.
All Carbonara’s have pork, but we snuck in some chicken as well, something about chicken and bacon that makes life a little better. All we really needed was chicken and bacon, everything else at this point is just a bonus. And what a bonus a chicken carbonara pizza with bacon truly is. This one talks the talk and walks the walk!
Chicken Carbonara | Bacon | Mozzarella Cheese | Parsley
Chicken Carbonara Pizza with Bacon
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from all-natural sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 cups Chicken carbonara instructions below
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parsley
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 6 strips Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza). Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Place chicken on plate. Add tbsp. of oil, salt and pepper, coating both sides of the chicken. Pan roast chicken on medium-high heat 6-8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan, let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 2 cups.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs. Add parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic, chicken and bacon, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese. Chop parsley.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add chicken carbonara and mozzarella cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with parsley and slice it up!
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 838mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 713IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 311mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #54
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK