Cast iron is the way to go with this Chicken Fajita Pizza. But don’t be afraid to use whatever pan you have, it’ll still be great. That said, if you got a cast iron pan at home, now is the time to use it. Because you get this beautiful sear that most other pans will not give, so treat yourself and your pan right and you get a little something extra special.
Pan seared onions and bell peppers with a heavily seasoned kick of some satisfying slices of chicken, fajita-style. Plus lots of smoky chili flavor with the love of a cast iron pan and that A1 sauce zing. It doesn’t hit much closer to home than this chicken fajita pizza does. OH YEAH!
CHICKEN FAJITA MIX | RED PEPPER | ORANGE PEPPER | YELLOW PEPPER | GREEN PEPPER | ONION | MOZZARELLA CHEESE | A1 SAUCE
Chicken Fajita Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- CAST IRON PAN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Chicken Fajita mix instructions below
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup A1 Sauce
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 pieces Chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- ½ Onion
- ½ Lime
- ½ Green pepper
- ¼ Red pepper
- ¼ Orange pepper
- ¼ Yellow Pepper
- 1 tbsp Chile powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cilantro dried
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Slice onion, peppers and chicken, put chicken into separate bowl. Mix together onion powder, chile powder, paprika, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add spice mix to chicken and mix well.
- Heat cast iron pan to medium heat, add oil, then add onion and peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove veggie mix from pan.
- Add oil to pan, then add chicken. Cook chicken for 10 minutes (or until no longer pink inside) stirring often. Add veggie mix to chicken, squeeze half a lime into pan and mix well, turn off heat. Remove chicken fajita mix from pan and set aside 2 cups for pizza.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add A1 Sauce, mozzarella cheese and chicken fajita mix. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5+ minutes. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #40
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”