Who fries a steak you ask? Well if you have to ask, you never heard of good ol’ southern cooking. This chicken fried steak pizza makes it happen with big slices of golden fried steak, tenderized to the max. How do you make a tough cut of steak tasty, ya fry it, that’s how! And don’t forget to spice it up a bit with a generous seasoning and some spice.
Green beans and mozzarella cheese are hiding under the steak, next time I’ll put the beans on top of the chicken, it would looked a lot nicer, but looks aren’t the only thing that matter. It’s really all about that flavour, and flavour is what we got! Get on in there and and don’t forget its what’s on the inside that matters, plus there’s gravy, so that rocks!
Chicken Fried Steak | Green Beans | Gravy | Mozzarella Cheese
Chicken Fried Steak Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Chicken fried steak (instructions below*)
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Gravy (instructions below*)
- ½ cup Green beans
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK*
- 2 Steaks (cube or round) (1 lb.)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper for steak
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup AP flour
- Season to taste
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
CHICKEN FRIED STEAK and GRAVY*
- Tenderize steak to 1/4" thick and cut into approx. 3" x 6" strips.
- Whisk milk and egg in a bowl to make egg wash.
- Mix flour, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Coat meat in flour mix, then in egg wash, then back in flour mix. DRY-WET-DRY. Repeat this with all of the meat.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add butter and add meat but don't crowd the pan, cook in 2 batches if needed. Cook meat 2-3 minutes each side until light golden brown. Remove meat and drain on paper towel lined plate. Leave oil in pan for gravy.
- Once cool, slice chicken fried steak. Reserve 2 cups.
- Melt butter in pan, then add flour and whisk 30 seconds. Add milk, salt and black pepper, whisk until desired thickness. Add more milk if the gravy is too thick. Reserve 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Cut and steam beans 2 minutes, removing the tips.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add gravy, mozzarella cheese, then chicken fried steak and green beans. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #65
What could the next pizza be? And what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. Let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK