Just as tasty as your nearest shawarma shop, this chicken shawarma pizza packs so much punch with extreme flavors and boldness from this unmistakable Middle Eastern marinade. And let’s not forget the yogurt sauce to tie it all together. Not only is the base of this pizza yogurt sauce but we decided to swirl some on top too, just for good measure. And it looks pretty cool too.
Fresh lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes make a great accompaniment to the light but tart yogurt sauce. These fresh elements are just what was needed with the large and in charge and totally satisfying pieces of grilled chicken shawarma. There’s never enough, you might have to make two of these pizzas, or just don’t share any. They’ll understand when you tell them how good it is.
Chicken Shawarma | Cucumbers | Tomatoes | Lettuce | Mozzarella Cheese | Yogurt Sauce
Chicken Shawarma Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA PEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ROLLING PIN
- Squeeze Bottle
- 2 cups Chicken Shawarma instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- ½ cup Cucumber diced
- ½ cup Lettuce chopped
- ½ cup Tomato diced
- 1¼ cup Yogurt Sauce instructions below*
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1½ cup Greek Yogurt plain
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
- In large bowl mix together garlic powder, cardamom, coriander, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil. Add chicken and massage with rub, get every nook and cranny.
- Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes (but marinating in the fridge overnight for 24 hours is best).
- Grill chicken on med-high heat, 6-8 minutes each side, or until fully cooked. Let cool and slice.
- In large bowl mix together Greek yogurt, garlic powder, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup for pizza sauce and put 1/4 cup of sauce into a squeeze bottle.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella, chop lettuce, and dice cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and swirl some sauce on top.
Thanks for joining us at Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #24
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK