The Weird & Wild “Chili Cheese Dog Pizza” is the best thing on planet earth. It’s to simple to be pretentious and too awesome to be ignored! A thick layer of homemade beef chili, two types of cheese smothered on top, and of course, the king of the pizza, oven roasted hot dogs. This pizza makes sure everyone gets in on the action by giving each participant their very own lengthwise half slice of a toasty wiener.
So far this is Papa Za’s reigning champion, an out of this world combination of the basics, pizza, chili, cheese, hot dogs (you know you love them). Will there be a contender that will knock the chili cheese dog pizza back to earth, you tell me, these flavors are hard to beat.
Beef Chili | Hot Dogs | Mozzarella Cheese | Cheddar Cheese
Chili Cheese Dog Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1½ cup Beef Chili
- 2 cup Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Garlic Cloves diced
- 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced and seeded
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (540ml) rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 can Tomatoes (796ml) diced
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Cilantro dried
- 1 tsp Parsley dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cayenne
- ½ tsp Pepper
- In large pot or wok, cook onion on med-high heat for 3 minutes. Add beef and brown. Add garlic and spices, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour (or until desired consistency), uncovered. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 1 minute . Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Grate mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Spread the beef chili on the pizza dough, add cheese and hot dogs (sliced lengthwise). Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #9
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”