Wake up and smell the pizza? What morning could be better than starting it with this coffee rubbed beef pizza. Well maybe if it was Saturday morning but that’s only if you work weekdays. And if you don’t work, every day is Saturday! Might be getting a little off track here but the fact of the matter is this pizza rocks.
Weekdays or weekends, in the AM or the PM a coffee rubbed beef pizza will give you a little kick starter you can’t go wrong with. Sweet from the brown sugar but savory from the other herbs and spices in the odd but really tasty coffee rub. Will this replace the morning coffee, no definitely not, but it sure is a nice addition to the ritual.
Coffee Rubbed Beef Roast | Red Pepper | Onion | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Coffee Rubbed Beef Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- CAST IRON PAN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Coffee rubbed beef instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Red pepper diced
- ¼ cup Onion diced
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Coffee Rubbed Beef*
- 1-2 lb Beef roast
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Coffee fine ground
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregan dried
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the baking steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Finely ground 1 tbsp of coffee.
- In large bowl add ground coffee, brown sugar, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Rub roast with oil, then with coffee rub. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat cast iron pan to medium-high heat and sear beef 1 minute each side.
- Bake in cast iron pan (or parchment paper lined baking pan) at 350℉ 20-25 minutes per lb.
- Remove from oven and let beef roast rest for 15 minutes on cutting board. Thinly slice 2 cups of beef for pizza and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550°F (with baking steel or pizza stone already inside the oven)
- Dice onion and red pepper.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Add tomato sauce to pizza, then mozzarella cheese, then coffee beef, red peppers and onions. Pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #95
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”