Who doesn’t love a good ol’ corn on the cob smothered in butter and salt? Well this is not that but a corn and basil pizza is pretty darn close. Lots of corny goodness and don’t worry, we didn’t forget the butter. And you don’t even need the cool little corn holders.
Not only is this a corn pizza but it’s a triple threat, with a butter cream corn as the base, corn kernels and baby corn. Plus mozzarella and parmesan cheese topped with fresh basil. This pizza is weird, and so it should be, the only question I have for you is, “how much do you like corn?” If you have a pizza challenge, well, challenge us, what are you waiting for?! Let’s make some weird wild pizza together!
Baby Corn | Buttered Creamed Corn | Corn Kernels | Parmesan Cheese Mozzarella Cheese | Fresh Basil
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese petals
- 1 cup Baby corn
- 1 cup Buttered creamed corn *instructions below
- 1 cup Corn kernels
- 1 cup Fresh basil chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Buttered Creamed Corn
- 1 can Creamed corn
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Mix melted butter, cream corn, salt and pepper, then reserve 1 cup for pizza sauce.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add buttered cream corn as sauce. Then add mozzarella cheese, followed by corn kernels, baby corn and parmesan cheese. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with fresh basil. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #45
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”