How many times have you been eating eggs benny and thought….this should be on a pizza! If the answer is zero that’s OK, it’s what I’m here for. This eggs Benedict pizza recipe has all the classic ingredients of an eggs benny, and we didn’t hold back on the eggs either, a total of eight eggs were used in this breakfast pizza creation.
This pizza has four egg yolks in the sauce, some fresh lemon and melted butter. And another four eggs cooked right on top of the pizza. But be careful when you put the eggs on top, they have a tendency to wanna roll right off the pizza. Before we get to the eggs you can’t forget about the labor intensive hollandaise sauce, that sauce is one of the neediest sauces out there, it needs a lot of attention and love, so good luck!
Wild dough, hollandaise sauce, back bacon, mozzarella cheese, baked eggs, more hollandaise sauce, and a pinch of paprika is how we make this pizza a classic representation of a weekend breakfast table favorite.
Eggs | Back Bacon | Hollandaise Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese | Paprika
Eggs Benedict Pizza Recipe
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 Eggs
- 10 slices Back Bacon
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 cup Hollandaise Sauce instructions below
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice fresh
- ½ cup Butter melted
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
SAUCE (30 min)
- Separate egg yolks. Freshly squeeze 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Whisk yolks and lemon juice together in a glass bowl.
- In a pot add a little water and heat to medium. Double broil the glass bowl on the pot and constantly stir the sauce, slowly adding the butter. Whisk until desired thickness.
PIZZA (8-10 min)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, back bacon, and cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Slide the pizza onto the pizza steel and carefully add the eggs.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #14
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”