WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Falafel Pizza Recipe
Here comes the boom with this bomb diggity Falafel Pizza recipe. The long soak for chickpeas takes a bit but its worth it, these fried balls of Falafel are nice and tender with all the flavour you would expect. And if you want we made a great sauce to go right on top of these delicious heaven balls.
Tahini sauce, smothered in mozzarella covered in Falafel, come on! If you like Falafel this pizza will rock your socks off. Topped with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and arugula this fried delight gets the light pop it needs, and the depth of flavours you want.
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Falafel | Cucumber | Tomato | Arugula | Tahini Sauce | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
- BAKING STEEL
- CAST IRON PAN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- Squeeze Bottle
- 2 cups Falafel instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1 cup Yogurt sauce instructions below*
- ½ cup Arugula
- ½ cup Cucumber
- ½ cup Tomato
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dried chickpeas
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Red onion
- 1 cup Parsley fresh
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- Soak chickpeas in water for 24 hours. Rinse. Add to food processor.
- Chop onion, garlic, parsley and add to food processor. Add baking soda, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, cardamom and cayenne pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Cover mix and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Make falafel using 1½ tbsp of mix per ball.
- In cast iron pan bring ½" of cooking oil to medium heat. Cook falafel 1-2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Add to squeeze bottle.
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Dice cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add tahini, mozzarella cheese then falafel. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add yogurt sauce and slice up that pizza!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Will you become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |