Edamame Pizza? We know what you’re thinking, has Papa Za lost his mind, or has he just ran out of pizza ideas?… Far from it my friends. This Edamame pizza recipe recipe may be pretty far out there, but it can get right in our belly any day of the week. Make sure you don’t eat those shells though, some say they’re poisonous and some say they’re just too darn tough to eat, either way, we say good-day to you Edamame shells!
Something special happens when you aggressively season these delightful little pods. And things really kick up the jams when you make our edamame sauce. Garlic, sesame oil, red crushed pepper and of course our good pal soy sauce. Weird pizza this may be but it still reigns supreme soybean!
Edamame Pods | Mozzarella Cheese | Edamame Sauce
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cup Edamame pods instructions below*
- ⅓ cup Edamame sauce instructions below*
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Shelled Edamame 300g
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ cup Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic 3 cloves
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Boil shelled edamame for 5 minutes in large pot of water. Drain and cool. Remove pods from the shells. Discard the shells and season the pods with salt and pepper. Reserve 1½ cups and set aside.
- Mince garlic and add to a bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, red crushed pepper, and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add edamame sauce to pizza, then mozzarella cheese, then edamame pods. Pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #78
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK