WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Grilled Cheese Pizza Recipe
Doesn’t seem like we should have done it… but we did. Carbs on carbs on carbs, somehow this grilled cheese pizza recipe was still really awesome. Ooey gooey cheddar cheese from the itty bitty grilled cheese strategically placed around the pizza on a bed of ketchup, of course. And if you haven’t tried a sourdough grilled cheese, get on it! What are you waiting for, finish reading this, then watch the video… then… go and make a sourdough grilled cheese.
But that’s not it my friends, we added some mozzarella cheese just for good measure. Not only underneath the tasty little grilled cheese minis, but we loaded some on top too, because why the heck not. What’s great with grilled cheese and ketchup, well more cheese, obviously.
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Mini Sourdough Grilled Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Ketchup
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Grilled Cheese Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Butter softened
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove crust from 4 slices of sourdough bread and roll bread with rolling pin. Cut 4 slices of cheddar cheese. Add 1 tbsp. butter to outside of bread slices. Build cheese sandwich and cut into 12 little squares. Repeat with second sandwich.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add ketchup to pizza, then 1 cup mozzarella cheese, then 24 mini grilled cheese squares, finally add 1 more cup of mozzarella cheese. Pat down.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Will you become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |