Why you ask would we make a gyoza pizza and what’s wrong with us? Both of these are good questions. But would you believe that it’s actually amazing. Well it totally is. Gyoza are incredible on their own and dipped or drenched in ponzu (we don’t judge) makes them even better.
When you add some fresh green onions, mozzarella cheese and slap it all on a pizza, you got yourself a winner. At first we were a bit concerned about mixing gyoza and mozza but for some strange reason it is delicious. The ponzu does a great job of tying this gyoza pizza together, just make sure you don’t use too much or it will make a mess when baking. We found a 1/4 cup of ponzu is the perfect amount.
Gyoza | Green Onions | Mozzarella Cheese | Ponzu
- BAKING STEEL
- BAMBOO STEAMER
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 16 pieces Gyoza
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Ponzu sauce
- ¼ cup Green onions
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the baking steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Chop green onions.
- Steam gyoza for 15 minutes in parchment paper lined bamboo steamer.
- Add ponzu sauce to pizza, then add mozzarella cheese, then gyoza, and green onions, pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #93
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK