Nothing says Christmas like Ham and Rum, why not add some cocktail cherries to garnish, let’s try to stay classy…ish. This Christmas Rum Ham Pizza Recipe is full of holiday joy with strips of rum glazed ham, green brussel sprouts, and red cocktail cherries, this was not an accident.
I don’t think you can get anymore Christmassy on a pizza than this. I know what your’e thinking, where’s the damn Turkey? Isn’t this a Christmas Pizza?!
But I say “HEY”, Turkey is for Thanksgiving and even though I usually have both for Christmas, Thanksgiving won Turkey, so Christmas wins Ham! So deal with it… and Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays everyone!
Rum Ham | Brussel Sprouts | Cocktail Cherries | Mozzarella Cheese Dijon Rum Sauce
Christmas Rum Ham Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA PEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ROLLING PIN
- 1½ cup Rum Ham instructions below
- 12 Brussel Sprouts halved
- 9 Cocktail Cherries halved
- 1 cup Dijon Rum Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 lb Smoked Ham Shoulder
- 4 cups Water
- 40 Whole Cloves
- 4 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Spiced Rum
- ½ tbsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Cherry Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water cold
Dijon Rum Sauce
- ½ cup Rum Glaze
- ½ cup Dijon Mustard
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Rum Ham (3½ hours)
- Remove stems and halve brussel sprouts.
- Remove netting from the Smoked Pork Shoulder. Diagonally score the ham with a knife, and insert whole cloves.
- In a large roasting pan insert a rack, add the ham, thyme and water. Bake @375° F. for 2 hours.
- Make rum glaze by mixing together spiced rum, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cherry syrup, salt and pepper.
- Add the brussel sprouts to the roasting pan, and pour half of the glaze onto the ham. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Stir the brussel sprouts, pour the remaining glaze on the ham and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven (ensure internal temperature is 145° F.) and let rest for 30 minutes. Slice ham into thin 1" x ¼" strips. Remove brussel sprouts.
- Remove stems from cocktail cherries and halve.
Dijon Rum Sauce (10 min)
- Strain liquid from roasting pan into a pot and bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and cold water together, then add to pot. Bring to a boil and reduce until desired consistency.
PIZZA (8-10 min)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #16
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”