An American comfort food classic duo. This hot dog macaroni and cheese pizza keeps it real. Like really real. What else can take you back to the days of adventure and wonder than a freakin’ hot dog and some homemade extra cheesy macaroni and cheese. Can things please be as simple as those days?
Well not likely. But we can make some gosh darn magical mac n cheese with hot dogs… and a hot dog macaroni and cheese pizza is proof. Whether you’re with me or not, we can both agree that not much can make mac n’ cheese better, other than more cheese and clearly hot dogs. A very underrated secret weapon known only of the true mac n’ cheese connoisseur.
Hot Dogs | Macaroni and Cheese | Mozzarella Cheese | Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Hot Dog Macaroni and Cheese Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from all-natural sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 Hot dogs
- 2 cups Macaroni and cheese instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese sauce instructions below*
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Cheddar Cheese Sauce*
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Cream
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
Macaroni and Cheese* (MAKES EXTRA)
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups Macaroni noodles
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Cheddar Cheese Sauce*
- Grate cheddar cheese.
- Heat large pot to medium and melt butter, whisking constantly. Add flour and whisk 30 seconds. Add cream and whisk to mix well, then add cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and whisk until desired thickness. Reserve 1 cup of cheese sauce for the pizza sauce. Use remaining cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese*
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then add noodles. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Add remaining cheese sauce and mix well. Reserve 2 cups of mac n chee.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella. Cut hot dogs into thin rounds.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, mac n chee and hot dogs. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then slice it up!
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 1317mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Calcium: 256mg | Iron: 2mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #46
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK