This Hummus Pizza starts out with a freshly made hummus base, topped with mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives and halved grape tomatoes. The hummus among us worked better than expected, if you are a fan of hummus this pizza is one you’ll wanna try. This may just be the beginning of a beautiful thing, how many other hummus pizzas can we come up with?
The flavours are fresh and comforting but if you gotta problem with olives this may not be your bag. But we won’t judge you if you need to pick em off, or if you’re a planner you can just not put them on to begin with. Unless you want to satisfy an olive lover, then you’re back to square one.
Hummus | Black Olives | Grape Tomatoes | Mozzarella Cheese
- BAKING STEEL
- FOOD PROCESSOR
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup Hummus instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Black Olives sliced
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 can Chickpeas 500ml
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Add tahini and lemon juice to food processor and process for 1 minute. Add olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Process 30 seconds.
- Open can of chickpeas, drain and rinse. Add half to food processor, process 2 minutes. Add remaining chickpeas and process 2 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Spread hummus on pizza dough. Add mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes and olives. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5+ minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #36
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”