THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Hummus Pizza Recipe
This is our very first official pizza challenge with many more to follow, brought to you by Weird Wild Pizza, and frantically made by Papa Za. Today the challenger is Michael! And the pizza challenge is a “Hummus Pizza Recipe”. If you have a pizza challenge, well, challenge us, what are you waiting for?! Let’s make some weird wild pizza together!
This Hummus Pizza starts out with a freshly made hummus base, topped with mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives and halved grape tomatoes. The hummus among us worked better than expected, if you are a fan of hummus this pizza is one you’ll wanna try. This may just be the beginning of a beautiful thing, how many other hummus pizzas can we come up with?
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Hummus | Black Olives | Grape Tomatoes | Mozzarella Cheese |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- BAKING STEEL
- FOOD PROCESSOR
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup Hummus instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
- ½ cup Black Olives sliced
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 can Chickpeas 500ml
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees F° after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Add tahini and lemon juice to food processor and process for 1 minute. Add olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Process 30 seconds.
- Open can of chickpeas, drain and rinse. Add half to food processor, process 2 minutes. Add remaining chickpeas and process 2 more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F° with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Spread hummus on pizza dough. Add mozzarella cheese, then tomatoes and olives. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F° for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5+ minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…its a mystery pizza, find out what the heck it is Thursdays!
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |