WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
IKEA Meatball Pizza Recipe
Like walking through 100 living rooms and kitchens this IKEA Meatball Pizza recipe seemed strange at first too. But now we get it. You can’t rush greatness, you need time to visualize how great it can be. And this pizza did just that.
After looking at all the things that you didn’t even know you needed. Boom! It’s time to sit down and eat some fantastically classic IKEA meatballs, smothered in gravy and lingonberry jam. This IKEA meatball pizza is just like that. Minus the lineups and it’s on a pizza now, like we tend to do. And we are glad we made that choice because its one of our absolute favorites!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
IKEA Meatballs | IKEA Gravy | Lingonberry Jam | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
IKEA Meatball Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups IKEA Meatballs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups IKEA Gravy instructions below*
- 8 tbsp IKEA Lingonberry jam
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pack IKEA Gravy mix
- 300 ml Water (about 1¼ cup)
- 50 ml Cream (about ¼ cup)
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
IKEA MEATBALLS + GRAVY
- Preheat oven to 435°F and bake ½ pack of IKEA meatballs (2 cups) for 15 minutes, let cool. Slice in half, then set aside.
- Boil 300ml of water in a saucepan then whisk in IKEA gravy mix, turn heat to medium-low. Mix well and simmer 3 minutes, or until thickened, remove from heat. Reserve 1 cup sauce, set aside. Mix meatballs into gravy saucepan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 cup gravy, mozzarella cheese, then meatballs in gravy. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. of Lingonberry jam to each slice of pizza. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |
“IT’S WEIRD NOT TO BE WEIRD.”