Like walking through 100 living rooms and kitchens this IKEA Meatball Pizza recipe seemed strange at first too. But now we get it. You can’t rush greatness, you need time to visualize how great it can be. And this pizza did just that.
After looking at all the things that you didn’t even know you needed. Boom! It’s time to sit down and eat some fantastically classic IKEA meatballs, smothered in gravy and lingonberry jam. Minus the lineups and it’s on a pizza now, like we tend to do. And we are glad we made that choice because it’s one of our absolute favorites now!
IKEA Meatballs | IKEA Gravy | Lingonberry Jam | Mozzarella Cheese
IKEA Meatball Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups IKEA Meatballs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cups IKEA Gravy instructions below*
- 8 tbsp IKEA Lingonberry jam
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pack IKEA Gravy mix
- 300 ml Water (about 1¼ cup)
- 50 ml Cream (about ¼ cup)
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
IKEA MEATBALLS + GRAVY
- Preheat oven to 435°F and bake ½ pack of IKEA meatballs (2 cups) for 15 minutes, let cool. Slice in half, then set aside.
- Boil 300ml of water in a saucepan then whisk in IKEA gravy mix, turn heat to medium-low. Mix well and simmer 3 minutes, or until thickened, remove from heat. Reserve 1 cup sauce, set aside. Mix meatballs into gravy saucepan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 cup gravy, mozzarella cheese, then meatballs in gravy. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. of Lingonberry jam to each slice of pizza. Slice it up!
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 194IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #67
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK