Although a borscht pizza Instapot recipe may be the new kid on the block, the classic borscht soup is no stranger. A comforting and healthy way to warm up your day, this borscht pizza is no exception. And it doesn’t deviate too far from this wonderfully well-known staple. Beets, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic and carrots. Let’s root, root, root for the home team because this pizza is a home run.
Something magical happens when all these root vegetables get together and how easy it is in an Instapot (but don’t worry a good ol’ fashioned pot works great too!) But we all know borschts secret weapon, well actually it’s not even a secret now, it’s a necessity. And that my friends is the creamy and tangy addition of sour cream, and don’t forget the beautiful pickle flavor booming from the fresh dill. What a pizza, who knew it would work, we certainly did not.. but we’re glad it did!
Beets | Cabbage | Potatoes | Carrots | Tomatoes | Celery | Garlic | Onions | Mozzarella Cheese | Borscht Sauce | Sour Cream | Fresh Dill
Borscht Pizza Recipe
- BAKING STEEL
- DISPOSABLE GLOVES
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Borscht Vegetable Mix strained/ instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Fresh Dill chopped
- 1 cup Borscht Sauce instructions below*
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Beets
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- ¼ Cabbage head
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Borscht (30 min.)
- Peel carrots, potatoes and beets (use gloves with the beets or else your hands will be stained red!)
- Dice garlic, shred cabbage and slice beets (remember to use the gloves with the beets!..or else!) Chop tomatoes, onion, carrots and celery.
- Set Instapot to 'saute' and add oil. Add onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add carrots (cook 2 min), add celery (cook 2 min), add cabbage (cook 2 min), add beets (cook 2 min), add potatoes and turn off Instapot.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, white wine vinegar, bay leaves, vegetable broth, salt and pepper.
- Close and lock Instapot lid, then set to 'pressure cook' for 15 minutes. Once finished, carefully release the pressure valve and let all the steam release before opening. Turn off Instapot.
- Open Instapot and reserve ⅓ cup of broth and 2 cups of Borscht Vegetable Mix* with a slotted spoon, straining out excess liquid.
- Mix ⅓ cup of Borscht broth with ⅔ cup Sour Cream.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and Borscht Vegetable Mix*. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. of sour cream to each slice and add fresh dill on top.
Thanks for joining us at Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #25
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK