TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD PIZZA:
KOREAN BBQ BEEF AND KIMCHI PIZZA
This Weird & Wild ‘Korean BBQ Beef and Kimchi Pizza’ might be the most unusual one so far, it starts with a Korean BBQ sauce as the base, and is topped with mozzarella cheese.
Kimchi brings a little bit of heat and fermented goodness to the party. And the thinly sliced Korean BBQ beef delivers layers of flavor from the grill and from the Korean marinade.
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird&Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option while still delivering amazing taste.
TODAY’S WEIRD & WILD TOPPINGS:
| KOREAN BBQ BEEF | KIMCHI | KOREAN BBQ SAUCE |
Marinated Korean beef only takes 2-3 minutes per side to BBQ, which is great for fast and flavorful grilling.
Why kimchi you ask? We don’t know either. Kimchi is certainly a weird pizza topping. But it had to be done, and if you like kimchi and cheese you will love this pizza.
Add the green onions after cooking the pizza and you will get a nice fresh pop.
Use the marinade from the Korean beef to make a tasty sauce for the pizza. As a result, you get levels of flavor from the Korean marinade sauce and from the BBQ beef.
Korean BBQ Beef and Kimchi Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups KOREAN BBQ BEEF instructions below
- 1 cup KIMCHI
- 1 cup KOREAN BBQ SAUCE instructions below
- 2 cup MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1/4 cup GREEN ONIONS
KOREAN BBQ BEEF AND SAUCE
- 2 lbs BEEF SHORT RIBS
- 1 cup WATER
- 1/2 cup ONION diced
- 1/2 cup SOY SAUCE
- 1/3 cup BROWN SUGAR
- 2 tbsp RICE VINEGAR
- 2 tbsp GARLIC minced
- 1 tbsp GINGER minced
- 1 tbsp SESAME OIL
- 1 tbsp PEPPER ground
- 1 tbsp CORNSTARCH
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
KOREAN BBQ BEEF AND SAUCE
- In a large bowl mix together water, diced onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, minced ginger, sesame oil and pepper.
- Add beef and marinate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef, strain marinade into a pot and bring to a boil on med-high heat.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and add to marinade, cook until it reaches the proper consistency, stirring continuously, and set aside.
- Preheat BBQ to med-high heat, grill beef 2-3 minutes each side.
- Chop beef and green onions.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds. Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Add sauce, cheese, beef and kimchi. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird&Wild Pizza but that’s not the end of our journey, why not see what’s up next:
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER |PINTEREST |