One of the absolute most classic bagels ever, maybe the most memorable and definitely worth trying on a pizza. This Lox Bagel Pizza recipe is incredibly simple and incredibly tasty. If the bagel shop is closed and you need to hit that lox bagel craving this is the way to do it!
Topped with red onions and capers, with delicious smoked salmon lox all resting on the original cream cheese with an added touch of melted mozzarella. Daring enough to toss some fish on a pizza and glad we did! Because this risk was worth taking. Here fishy fishy!
Lox | Cream Cheese | Red Onions | Capers | Mozzarella Cheese
Lox Bagel Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 16 slices Lox 300g
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Plain cream cheese
- ½ cup Red onion
- 2 tbsp Capers
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Thinly slice red onions.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add cream cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add 2 slices of Lox to each slice, then add onions and capers.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 928mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 608IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 179mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #69
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK