This Maui beef rib pizza takes Hawaiin Pizza to a new level. Say what you will about the classic Hawaiin… we’re sure you have an opinion, wars have been started over Hawaiin pizza. But this one changes the game, yes, pineapple is still on the pizza, but now you get the bold flavors of Maui sauce and the beastly beef ribs that remind us of prehistoric times.
Maui beef rib pizza for the win. Big beef ribs, big red onions and a big bold Maui sauce that ties it all together, do you see a theme here. Today bigger is better, but what is big without bold? This is the biggest baddest and boldest Hawaiian pizza you’ll find. Look no further, here’s the beef.
MAUI BEEF RIBS | PINEAPPLE | RED ONION | MOZZARELLA CHEESE
Maui Beef Rib Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Maui beef ribs instructions below*
- 1 cup Maui sauce instructions below*
- 1 cup Pineapple
- ½ cup Red onion
MAUI BEEF RIBS & SAUCE
- 1 rack Beef ribs
- 1 bottle The Original Maui sauce
- 1 tbps Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
MAUI BEEF RIBS & SAUCE
- Remove membrane from the back of the beef ribs, then divide ribs into 4 equal pieces. Add beef ribs and Maui rib sauce to Instapot, close and pressure cook for 1 hour.
- Once the ribs are finished cooking, baste them with the marinade from the Instapot and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Set the Instapot to saute and reduce the remaining marinade.
- Separately mix a 1/4 cup of water and cornstarch together, add to Instapot, and cook until sauce thickens too desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees and warm up the oven for 1 hour, with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Cut up the pineapple and onion into large pieces and grill on med-high heat for 4-6 minutes each side, until you get some nice grill marks.
- Chop onion and pineapple into bite sized pieces. Debone and chop up ribs. Grate the mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, Maui beef ribs, onions, and pineapple. Pat down the toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #2
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”