We all know you can’t get the McRib all year round, but this pizza hack solves that incredible problem. Say hello to the McRib pizza recipe, McDonald’s inspired! We start with a bunch of rib meat, that’s sweet, savoury and sauced to perfection. Topped with thin sliced white onions and dill pickles sliced in thin rounds.
More sauce, we use Sweet Baby Rays but anything sweet and tangy will do the trick. And some cheese is needed to finish off this beast, and when it’s ready, what a treat it is indeed. You can’t get a McRib all year round but you can make the McRib Pizza whenever the heck you want!
Rib Meat | Onions | Dill Pickles | Mozzarella Cheese | BBQ Sauce
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Rib Meat instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Dill pickles
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 rack Pork back ribs
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Remove membrane from back of ribs with paper towel. Quarter ribs, then use ½ cup BBQ sauce on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Add ½ cup water to pressure cooker then add ribs. Close and set to pressure cook for 1 hour.
- When ribs are done remove from pressure cooker (venting properly and following instapot safety instructions) and place ribs meat side up on a baking pan. Use another ½ cup BBQ sauce to coat the meat side of the ribs. Broil in oven 2-3 minutes watching carefully so the ribs do not burn.
- Remove ribs from oven and let ribs cool, then remove meat from bones and shred. Set aside 2 cups of rib meat.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Slice onions and pickles into rounds.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese, then rib meat, pickles and onions. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, subscribe to see what’s up next!…
MYSTERY PIZZA #66
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”