THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Cocktail Meatball Pizza Recipe
The cocktail meatball pizza recipe takes it up to the next level, with massive meatballs and a sweet but tangy cocktail meatball sauce. And how well this sauce goes with handfuls of mozzarella cheese. But the star of the party is one welcomed with open arms, the bigger than life cocktail meatballs that glow with desire. Pop one into your mouth and join the party.
You’ll be the cock of the walk at this monster Ball. But make sure you’re on time because you’ll wanna get your tail to this party before it’s over. The cocktail meatball pizza recipe is one for the books.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| COCKTAIL MEATBALLS | MOZZARELLA CHEESE | COCKTAIL MEATBALL SAUCE |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
Cocktail Meatball Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 3 cups Cocktail Meatballs halved (recipe below)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Cocktail Meatball sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Beef ground
- 1 cup Sourdough Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper ground
Cocktail Meatball Sauce
- 1 cup Grape Jelly
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Allspice
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Cocktail Meatballs and Sauce (30 min.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.In a large bowl mix together beef, breadcrumbs, water, egg, salt and pepper. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Make about 25 meatballs, space out evenly on the baking pan and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot add grape jelly, tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and allspice. Cook on medium heat for 8-12 minutes, add meatballs and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Remove meatballs with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Reduce sauce until desired consistency. Reserve 1 cup of sauce. Cut meatballs in half.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
THANKS FOR JOINING US ON WEIRD WILD PIZZA. And THAT’S NOT ALL. SEE WHAT’S UP NEXT!… WHAT COULD THIS BE?… IT LOOKS CRAZY?
FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE, THERE’S A NEW ONE EVERY THURSDAY!
WHAT WEIRD AND WILD PIZZA DO YOU WANT PAPA ZA TO MAKE? THE WEIRDER THE BETTER. LET US KNOW AND WE WILL PUT PAPA ZA BACK TO WORK AND GET HIS BUTT BACK IN THE KITCHEN TO MAKE YOU A PIE!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |
“TO DEFY THE LAWS OF TRADITION, IS A CRUSADE ONLY OF THE BRAVE.”
-LES CLAYPOOL, PRIMUS