Somehow it works, were not sure why but it does. Here us out because this popcorn pizza surprised us too. It started as a bit of a joke, but when we get challenged to make a popcorn pizza you better believe were gonna make it.
A buttery and cheesy combo that satisfies with a fun poppy addition of the popcorn. Golden mozzarella with salted popcorn in butter on a pizza. Best movie marathon food choice ever.
POPCORN | BUTTER | MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 4 cups Popcorn
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 cups Sourdough starter (active)
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Pop popcorn.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add melted butter, then 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 4 cups popcorn, then 1 more cup of mozzarella. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #89
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”