This sausage bacon pierogi pizza is a true pierogi pizza, not using slices of potatoes, we use the real deal. As well as actual pierogi’s on this pizza, we also use a sour cream base. Pierogis and sour cream is one of the greatest combos ever. Originating from Central and Eastern Europe, pierogis are usually filled with potato, cheese, onion, and bacon.
Age old question, should we do bacon with the pierogis, or should we do sausage….yeah your’e right let’s just do both. A sausage bacon pierogi pizza is the best of both worlds. The bacon and the sausage go great together and tenderness and crispiness with a whole lot of smokey flavor. All topped off with some freshly cut green onions, this pizza is as pierogi as it gets.
PIEROGI | BACON | SAUSAGE | SOUR CREAM | GREEN ONION
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 cup PIEROGIS
- 1 cup GARLIC SAUSAGE NATURALLY SMOKED
- 1 cup BACON
- 1/4 cup GREEN ONIONS
- 2 cups MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- 1 cup SOUR CREAM
- 2 cups SOURDOUGH STARTER
- 1 cup BREAD FLOUR
- 1 tsp SALT
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon on a large pan and cook for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until cooked. Remove bacon from oven, put on paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 1 minute . Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour.
- Boil pierogis until they float, remove from water and set aside.
- Chop green onions, pierogis, bacon and slice naturally smoked (cooked) sausage. Grate cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel under the dough.
- Add the sour cream, then the cheese, and then the toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #3
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”