This weird wild “Pulled Pork Pizza” recipe stays true to the bold flavors of a classic pulled pork with the blessed convenience of the life changing Instapot. An aggressive spice rub makes this pork an unforgettable experience with a quick one-two to your face.
What pulled pork pizza would be complete without the famous picnic side kick, fresh and creamy coleslaw to top it all off. But let’s not forget about the sauce on our wild dough, and that sauce my friends, you may have guessed it, a beautiful smoky sweet BBQ sauce.
You don’t have to go down to the ranch for this pleasurable pizza, although you can if you want. Pull up a seat and grab a bite of this delicious smoky pulled pork meat treat!
Pulled Pork | Coleslaw | Mozzarella Cheese | BBQ Sauce
Pulled Pork Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA PEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Pulled Pork instructions below
- 1 cup Coleslaw instructions below
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 lb Pork Picnic Shoulder
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Mustard ground
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- 1 tbsp Cumin ground
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chile Powder
- ½ tbsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Pepper ground
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- ¼ head Red Cabbage shredded
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Chile Powder
- ½ tsp Celery Seed
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper ground
WILD DOUGH (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Pulled Pork (1½ hours)
- In a small bowl mix together mustard, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub pork with spice mixture and add to Instapot. Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 1½ in Instapot, on pressure cook setting.
- Remove pork from Instapot and shred with two forks in a large mixing bowl. Add BBQ sauce and mix well, set aside.
Coleslaw (5 min)
- Peel and grate carrot. Quarter cabbage, remove stock and shred cabbage. Add carrot and cabbage to a large mixing bowl and add mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chile powder, celery seed, salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
PIZZA (8-10 min)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #17
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK