The reuben sandwich is such a classic, we couldn’t help ourselves. And thankfully this reuben pizza turned out just as good as the meaty reuben sandwich you would find at your local delicatessen. Open faced reuben anyone! A homemade Russian dressing punches a pack and really ties this pizza sandwich together.
Layers of corned beef brisket, topped with the holiest of cheeses, Swiss, topped with some satisfying sauerkraut, followed by just a little more corned beef. But we diced up this layer of meat to get more crispy bits to crunch down on. What a delight this familiar beauty has to offer, grab a slice of deliciousness before someone else does.
Corned Beef Brisket | Swiss Cheese | Sauerkraut | Russian Dressing
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from all-natural sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2½ cups Corned Beef Brisket
- 10 slices Swiss Cheese 1 cup
- ¼ cup Sauerkraut
- 1 cup Russian Dressing recipe below
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Mayo
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Prepare Corned Beef Brisket (follow any cooking instructions if there are any) cut 1½ cup in thirds, and dice 1 cup. Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together mayo, ketchup, horseradish, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, paprika, salt and pepper together for your russian dressing.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, sliced meat, cheese, sauerkraut, then diced meat. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1005mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 257IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #31
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK