This rose chicken pizza recipe is pulling out all the stops. With a delicious rose sauce as the base, gooey mozzarella cheese, tender rose chicken all topped off with beautiful dried rose petals. Because you gotta keep it romanticized, I mean it is Valentines Day after all, treat yo’ self.
It’s that time of year again with that special somebody, or if you’re going it solo I have some great news for you. You get the whole darn rose chicken pizza to yourself! Now that’s a happy Valentine’s Day in my books. But sharing is OK too, and there’s definitely enough to go around, if you absolutely have to share.
Rose Chicken | Dried Rose Petals | Mozzarella Cheese | Rose Sauce
Rose Chicken Pizza
"Our pizza is weird and our dough is wild, made from all-natural sourdough starter."
Servings: 8 slices
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Rose chicken instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Rose petals dried
- 1 cup Rose Sauce instructions below*
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Rose Chicken and Sauce*
- 5 pieces Chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 can Tomato sauce 398ml
- 1 cup Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- ½ tsp Basil dried
- ½ tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
Rose Chicken and Sauce*
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Mince garlic.
- On a plate, oil the chicken and season both sides with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. In an oven-safe frying pan, brown chicken on med-high heat 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken, add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, cream, cheese and mix well. Add chicken back to the pan and bake in oven @ 350 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan, let cool and chop. Reserve 1 cup of Rose sauce from the pan.
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel, and add dried rose petals. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 729mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 1mg
Thanks for joining us at Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #22
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK