Awesome flavor with a little kick, this Buffalo cauliflower pizza is just about perfect. Tasty battered and baked cauliflower covered in Buffalo sauce, tangy and hot in all the right places. Did you know that cauliflower is also a type of cabbage?
But what makes this pizza really work is the combination of Buffalo cauliflower with ranch. Ranch, the best sauce in the world and cauliflower, the second best tree shaped vegetable. Broccoli is the first but you already knew that. Not sure if Buffalo broccoli would hold up as well as cauliflower. I guess there’s only one way to find out, but before you do give this pizza a shot because it’s one of our favourite pizzas so far!
Buffalo Cauliflower | Mozzarella Cheese | Ranch
Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Buffalo Cauliflower instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Ranch
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
SOURDOUGH PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed or add a little water if it's too dry.
- Place the dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour (the baking steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl add flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, removing the core and leaves then add cauliflower to batter and coat evenly.
- Add cauliflower to parchment paper lined baking pan and bake @ 450℉ for 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, coat cauliflower with Buffalo sauce and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove Buffalo cauliflower from oven, let cool and set aside. Turn oven up to 550℉.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add ranch to pizza, then 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, then Buffalo cauliflower, and top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese, pat down.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #94
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK