This Spam and Eggs Pizza recipe may not be from a famous story written by a Doctor, and it certainly isn’t green, and actually there is no ham. But it surely will go down in history. This pizza will make you wanna be the first one to the breakfast table because you might want three of these, like right off the bat. And people might look at you funny if you start with three… we sure as heck will not. But we don’t know the company you keep, just lookin’ out for you, we got your back.
The most obvious reason to shove this into your mouth is the delicious pan-seared cubes of spam. With a little love from a cast iron pan and a drizzle of oil, spam can go from pretty good to freakin’ amazin’. But what makes this extra special is not one but two sunny side up eggs cooked to perfection, right on top of this breakfast “how do ya do”.
Spam | Eggs | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Spam and Eggs Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 can Spam
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Remove spam for can and dice into 1 cm cubes. In large frying pan cook spam cubes on medium heat until seared on all sides, approx. 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add spam to bowl and set aside.
- Grate mozzarella.
- Crack eggs separately into two little bowls. Make sure not to brake them.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough. Add sauce, cheese, and spam. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven. Very carefully add eggs to the center of the pizza after you put it into the oven. Don't burn yourself!
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then slice the eggs and spread the yolks around the pizza the best you can and then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #47
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”