Congratulations, you are one of the few people who did not leave in anger. I’m proud of you, and so is this Spam and Pineapple pizza recipe. If you are not a fan of pineapple and you just need to see what the heck is going on at weird wild pizza, you’re great too! Surprisingly this pizza is a knockout, and hopefully nobody knocks me out. But that’s the chance you take when you put pineapple on a pizza. People get upset, like weirdly upset. I’ve seen people get madder over pineapple on a pizza that if I slapped them in the face with a slice of pepperoni.
We don’t shy away from much and pineapple is most definitely welcome here, and so are you, even if you hate me for making this pizza. I’ll get over it, and I will get over it with a slice of this delicious spam and pineapple pizza. A recipe that we will be making again. Something special happens when you cube up spam and get a good sear on each side of that cube, it’s amazing and it’s worth trying, over and over again, even with pineapple.
Spam | Pineapple | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Spam and Pineapple Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 can Spam
- 1 cup Pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Cube spam into ½" cubes and fry in pan on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until seared on all sides, stirring often. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, spam and pineapple. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #53
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”