WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Spinach Dip Pizza Recipe
I am’s what I am’s… aint that the truth! Who knew Popeye was so poetic. And so is this Spinach Dip Pizza recipe. Worth writing a haiku or two over, make sure you bust this out at your next dinner party. Not only are the slices chip shaped, you don’t even need any darn chips to begin with. Shop smart!
Parmesan and mozzarella cheese, with sour cream and cream cheese. It is exactly as creamy as it sounds, and just as delicious. Plus there’s spinach in it so it’s gotta be healthy, right? Well healthy or not here I come!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Spinach Dip Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Spinach (fresh)
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Plain cream cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Parsley (fresh)
- 1 tsp Garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Steam spinach 1 minute, let cool and squeeze out excess water, then chop.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley.
- Make your spinach dip. In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, spinach, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper, then mix well.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 2 cups spinach dip to pizza.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Will you become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |