What?! Baked round but cut square, who came up with such an idea? Let’s take a closer look at this square cut Regina pizza. At first we were like, ”but then how do you hold the middle pieces if they ain’t got no crust?” But any Regina pizza lover knows it doesn’t matter, no crust, no problem. In my opinion it actually makes those crustless pieces that much better, completely maxed out with toppings, you find a way to get it into your mouth.
Speaking of maxed out with toppings, I’ve yet to have a pizza so stacked with meat that left me wanting so much more. So this is how you do it, and the order I’ve been told is very important so after you roll out the dough you add: tomato sauce, thinly sliced mushrooms, meat, meat and more meat (you want a couple inches thick of meat) green peppers, onions, pineapple, and as much mozza as you can fit on top (we used about 3 cups). “The crustless pieces are mine! All mine I say”!
Salami | Pepperoni | Ham | Mushroom | Green Pepper | Onion | Pineapple | Mozzarella Cheese | Tomato Sauce
Square Cut Regina Style Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Ham
- 2 cups Pepperoni
- 2 cups Salami
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- ¾ cup Green pepper
- ¾ cup Mushroom
- ¾ cup Onion
- ½ cup Pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Thinly slice green peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add tomato sauce, then mushrooms, salami, pepperoni, ham, green peppers, onions, pineapple tidbits then mozzarella cheese. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all! Subscribe to see what’s up next…
MYSTERY PIZZA #86
What weird wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make next? And don’t forget to come over to the shop and grab yourself a cheesy pizza shirt!
WE ARE THE PIZZA WEIRDOUGHS
You have been invited to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
“Will you join the Pizza Weirdoughs”
YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | TIK TOK