WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Swiss Chalet Chicken Pizza Recipe
All we gotta say is Chicken on a Kaiser, well… NOT on a Kaiser, but it’s pretty darn close. A Swiss Chalet Chicken inspired pizza was even better than we expected. We didn’t have a rotisserie handy but we oven roasted this bad boy and it was perfect. Tasty, juicy, tender and packed full of great nostalgic flavors from the one and only Swiss Chalet.
You either know it or you don’t. But if ya don’t know now ya know. Reminiscent of late nights and cold bubbly refreshments. Ring any bells? With the cold refreshments it’s possible the memories may be hazy. But never fully forgotten, not this bird!
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Roasted Chicken | Swiss Chalet Gravy | Swiss Chalet Dipping Sauce Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Swiss Chalet Chicken Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Roasted chicken instructions below*
- 1 cup Swiss Chalet gravy instructions below*
- 1 cup Swiss Chalet dipping sauce instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 whole Chicken
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
SWISS CHALET SAUCE*
- 1 pack Swiss Chalet gravy
- 1 pack Swiss Chalet dipping sauce
- 4 cups water
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds, flour lightly as needed.
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken into parchment paper lined baking pan. Pat dry chicken and cover both sides with butter, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until fully cooked (internal temp. of 165°F). Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice chicken and reserve 2 cups of boneless chicken meat.
SWISS CHALET SAUCE*
- Make gravy: In saucepan add gravy mix and 2 cups water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until desired consistency. Reserve 1 cup of gravy.
- Make dipping sauce: In saucepan add gravy mix and 2 cups water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently, then reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes or until desired consistency. Reserve 1 cup of dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven.
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add gravy, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza at 550°F for 8-10 minutes, by sliding pizza onto baking steel with pizza peel.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes, add dipping sauce, slice and enjoy!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
You are welcome to join the quest for making the weirdest and wildest pizzas on the planet. We may make your dream pizza or by accident, we may make your nightmare pizza. Sorry not sorry, it’s what we do. But we do it for you!
Will you become one of the Pizza Weirdoughs!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |