WEIRD WILD PIZZA OF THE WEEK
Bacon Poutine Pizza Recipe
We’ve all had those night where we eat to much, just a little more than we should have. Well with this bacon poutine pizza recipe, this will be one of those nights, for sure. A classic poutine thrown right on top of a pizza, with the lovely addition of bacon.
Poutine gravy is delightful, this one is made with a beef and chicken gravy. Matched with giant cheese curds melted over crispy fries, with mozzarella cheese tying it all together. Plus, there’s bacon, we must never forget the bacon.
WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Bacon | Fries | Gravy | Cheese Curds | Mozzarella Cheese
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizzas are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Bacon Poutine Pizza
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Fries instructions below*
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Bacon instructions below*
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese curds
- 1½ cup Poutine gravy instructions below*
WILD PIZZA DOUGH
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ cup Beef broth
- ½ cup Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Pepper
WILD PIZZA DOUGH (1 hour)
- Place the wild dough in a lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough).
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420°F for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza)
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, rinse and slice potatoes into medium cut fries. Soak potatoes in a large bowl with cold water for 30 minutes, then strain, rinse and dry.
- Place potatoes onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Add oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Bake for 1 hour @ 400°F turning the fries once, halfway through. Remove from oven and reserve 2 cups of fries.
- On medium heat melt butter in large saucepan, careful not to burn. Add flour and whisk furiously for 30 seconds, still being careful not to burn. Add beef, chicken broth and pepper and whisk until smooth, cook until desired consistency. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and reserve 2 x ¾ cup of gravy.
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour. (Since the oven is preheated from cooking the fries, just preheat until oven is 550°F)
- Grate mozzarella cheese.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough, flour lightly as needed. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add 1 x ¾ cup gravy, then mozzarella cheese, then fries, bacon and cheese curds. Pat down toppings.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550° F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with remaining 1 x ¾ cup gravy. Slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
But what Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? Because the weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work. So let’s get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |