THIS WEEK’S WEIRD WILD PIZZA
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Recipe
Some people are skeptic, and some people have faith, well I’ll tell you, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza recipe will make a believer out of you. Big chunks of pan-roasted chicken, large pieces of chopped bacon, melted mozzarella cheese, topped with lettuce and tomato, all resting on the best dressing in history. Ranch.
When pigs fly indeed! For some reason chicken and bacon just work together so well its hard to believe pigs don’t actually fly. If they did, we would make a pizza with it, but this will have to due.
This’ll do pig.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
Chicken | Bacon | Ranch Dressing | Mozzarella Cheese | Lettuce | Tomato
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option. And if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.
Chicken Bacon Ranch
- BAKING STEEL
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 2 cups Chicken boneless thighs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Bacon
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- ⅓ cup Tomato
- ⅓ cup Lettuce
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Oil for cooking
- 2 cups Sourdough starter active
- 1 cup Bread flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550°F after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 550°F with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Bake bacon in oven on parchment paper lined baking pan at 420 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then flip. Cook bacon an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked (make sure not to overcook it because it will be cooking in the oven for an additional 10 minutes on the pizza). Remove bacon and drain on paper towel lined plate. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Place chicken on plate. Add tbsp. of oil, salt and pepper, coating both sides of the chicken. Pan roast chicken on medium-high heat 6-8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan, let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces, reserve 2 cups.
- Grate mozzarella, dice tomato and shred lettuce.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add ranch, cheese, chicken and bacon. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add lettuce and tomato, then slice it up!
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |