This week’s Weird Wild Pizza
A “Classic Spam Pizza” recipe, how can it be a classic if you’ve never heard of it? That’s a good point, and luckily I do have an answer for you. It’s a classic spam pizza because Papa Za took the classic elements you would find on a traditional spam sandwich, tomatoes, onions and cheese, and made it even better by bringing it all together on an amazing pizza.
The spam pizza is a special treat with each piece of pizza having it’s very own, cast iron pan-fried slice of spectacular spam. If you’re not a spam fan, I would still give it a go, you might like it, I mean, stranger things have happened.
TODAY’S WEIRD WILD TOPPINGS
| Spam | Tomato | Onion | Mozzarella | Tomato Sauce |
OUR MAGICAL WILD PIZZA DOUGH
All Weird Wild Pizza’s are made with naturally occurring wild yeast to produce a healthier gluten option, and if you don’t care about that, it’s all good because it still delivers amazing taste.WILD PIZZA SOURDOUGH RECIPE HERE.
- BAKING STEEL
- CAST IRON PAN
- PIZZA CUTTERS
- PIZZA PEEL
- ROLLING PIN
- 1 can Spam
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- ½ Onion sliced
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Sourdough Starter active
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
Wild Dough (1 hour)
- Make your dough by mixing the sourdough starter, flour and salt together (adding a bit of flour at a time until it takes shape but is still a little sticky) and knead the dough for about 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in lightly floured bowl and cover with a towel, set aside for 1 hour. (The pizza steel or stone needs to preheat for 1 hour as well, so preheat oven to 550 degrees after you finish making your pizza dough)
PIZZA (8-10 minutes)
- Slice spam into eighths. Slice onion and tomatoes. Grate mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees F. with baking steel or pizza stone inside the oven for 1 hour.
- Flour surface and roll out the dough. Put a floured pizza peel underneath the dough.
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Pat down the toppings before putting into the oven.
- Bake pizza in the oven at 550 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven with pizza peel and let cool for 5 minutes.
Thanks for joining us on Weird Wild Pizza. But that’s not all, see what’s up next!…
What Weird and Wild pizza do you want Papa Za to make? The weirder the better, let us know and we will put Papa Za back to work and get his butt back in the kitchen to start creating more crazy pizza experiments!
Watch the Weird Wild Pizza Cooking Show | YOUTUBE | Follow Weird Wild Pizza | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST |